Apr 30, 2009

Places to Put Stuff Wins the Noblesse Oblige Award

Thank you to Laura Reviews for presenting my blog with the Noblesse Oblige Award! 


Laura Reviews is a fun, enlightening, and passionate blog about reading. The blog is full of wonderful author interviews, insights on current event articles, and many exceptional book reviews! It is hard to believe that Laura began blogging only 4 months ago! I also admire Laura’s tech savvy integration with Facebook and Twitter as a vehicle to let people know when she has a new post. If I could turn around and give this award right back to her, I would- but alas, I must oblige (pun intended) to follow the rules. Here is a little information about the award:


The recipient of this award (that’s me!) is recognized for the following:

1) The Blogger manifests exemplary attitude, respecting the nuances that pervades amongst different cultures and beliefs. (Thank you!)

2) The Blog contents inspire; strives to encourage and offers solutions. (I try!)

3) There is a clear purpose at the Blog; one that fosters a better understanding on Social, Political, Economic, the Arts, Culture and Sciences and Beliefs. (Hmm, I might need to work on this, I have more of a potpourri approach)

4) The Blog is refreshing and creative. (Thank you!)

5) The Blogger promotes friendship and positive thinking. (Well, I may have made a few enemies during the election.)

 

The Blogger who receives this award will need to perform the following steps: 

1) Create a Post with a mention and link to the person who presented the Noblesse Oblige Award. (Done)

2) The Award Conditions must be displayed at the Post. (Done)

3) Write a short article about what the Blog has thus far achieved – preferably citing one or more older post to support. (Done, see below)

4) The Blogger must present the Noblesse Oblige Award in concurrence with the Award conditions. (Done, see below)

5) The Blogger must display the Award at any location at the Blog. (Done)


First and foremost, my blog has provided me with an opportunity to write for fun again! I genuinely enjoy sharing my thoughts, observations and experiences with others. I also enjoy provoking discussions about difficult topics- whether politics or personal safety. I believe that life and learning are only made more rich by others sharing their thoughts and experiences with you.


With this, I present the award to two fellow bloggers:

Putting the Pieces Together: Yes, Dani Jo is my sister-in-law, but don’t you dare call this award nepotism. Her blog is a beautiful, optimistic, and realistic look into her life with two children on the Autism spectrum.

 

Michael’s Thoughts and Tips: Mike is a real estate agent here in Chicago, and a good friend. I admire his blog because it is very informative and incredibly optimistic (just like Mike himself). I find it to be a refreshing change from the negative economic press that plagues us daily. Like Laura, Mike has also embraced Twitter and Facebook to drive people to his blog- so he gets bonus points from me for exploring social media!


On a final note, is it bad that I was a member of the National Honor Society in high school and I didn’t even know that Noblesse Oblige is the motto of the NHS until I found it on Wikipedia while researching for this blog? 

2 comments:

~PakKaramu~ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Laura said...

Yay to you for receiving the award! It is well deserved! And thank you for your kind words about Laura Reviews. We're in it together my friend :)