Apr 27, 2009

Terragusto, Ten-miler & Tweet

This weekend was full of exciting new experiences, and I didn’t venture out any farther than 5 miles from my own front door!


On Friday evening I had a wonderful meal at Terragusto Café on Addison and Lincoln. The restaurant is small and simple in décor because all of the magic happens in the kitchen. Every morning the chef rolls out fresh dough and cuts different types of pasta that will be served that day. These pastas are paired with all organic and locally grown veggies, fish and chicken. The menu is constantly changing because the sauces, herbs and spices are seasonal. We enjoyed a flavorful and fresh 5-course meal which ended with two amazing chocolate desserts. It probably was more food than I needed to eat prior to my next new experience of the weekend…


On Saturday morning I ran the Lakefront 10. This 10-mile race started and ended at Montrose harbor, which is just a ½ mile from our home. The course traveled north and south on the lakefront path and we experienced a range of weather- sunshine, rain and high wind- during the run. Nikole and I trained for and ran the race together. It was great to have her company and positive energy throughout the training and on race day! Pete, Chad and Roscoe also came out to cheer us on and take pictures. I posted a few of their fabulous photos in the below slideshow.


My final fun new experience of the weekend was a delicious brunch following the race. I learned about Tweet from our neighbor’s Joe and Christine. Side note: Tweet was established long before Twitter, and stands for the good ol’ noise that comes from a bird. It is located just a mile north of our house. When we entered it was abuzz with activity and crazy décor. The menu is expansive and all organic, and our waitress was great- she didn’t even mind that we were all sweaty and stinky post-race!


I love the fact that after living in the city for over 5 years, I can still be surprised by new places and experience that are right outside my front door. I was reminded this weekend that there is never a shortage of new things to try in Chicago.



0 comments: