Apr 6, 2009

A Few Words About Words

It has been exactly 5 months since my last blog post. This was not a deliberate hiatus, rather one that simply happened once I came down from the Presidential Election high, and started drowning in a sea of complex and depressing economic news about which I cared not to comment. 


Recently, I found a very cool site 
www.Wordle.net where a system creates a "word cloud" based on the content of an article, blog, website, etc. The above word cloud represents the key themes from my blog. In looking back at my past blog posts, I find it to be pretty realistic. It also made me want to start blogging again, because I felt that it really sold short my experiences, interests and passions over the past year.


During a session at Google on Friday, someone said "blogging is antiquated," relating it to newspapers and magazine articles where the topics are out of date by the time that they are published.  This alarmed me. With Twitter, Facebook, text messaging and IM, the sharing of information is instantaneous. However, I feel that it lacks depth and eloquence. I always enjoyed writing as a creative vehicle and way to share my experiences with others- and so now I have a renewed commitment to post to my blog on a regular basis. I gave it a new look and feel as a start, (kind of like buying new workout clothes to help motivate you to start going to the gym). I hope to give interesting subjects the depth which they deserve, share my experiences with others, and write with eloquence. Maybe as a result my colorful little word cloud will become bigger, more interesting, and more diverse.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Pretty awesome Kellie. I am impressed with your blog, and your words (and the word cloud is awesome as well). After reading your post about writing elequantly, i understand blogging and bloggers a lot better. I have to be honest, i rarely, RARELY, read blogs, and wondered why people did it. I can understand a lot better now why bloggers do it. thanks.