Sep 7, 2008

Taking a Nap-a from Political Blogging

I am going to take a week off from blogging about Politics. My blood pressure needs a break and there are 60 long days to go until Nov 4. Still plenty of time to make friends and influence people.

Right before the conventions kicked off, I had the most lovely weekend in Napa California with my girlfriends. The weekend was girls get-a-way in honor of Kori's upcoming wedding. I have a hard time calling it a Bachelorette Party because it was so tame and relaxing- although we did start a dance party while singing "Get Lo" in the Del Drunko, um I mean Del Dotto, wine caves.

The weekend was also totally delicious- with wine tastings, amazing organic meals and the most delectable cookies (chocolate chip coconut pecan clusters) we have ever tasted. Our time in Napa stirred in me the desire for simpler things in life- things like gardening, cooking, and relaxing in a quiet place where you can actually see a sky full of stars at night.

The weekend also reminded me how lucky that I am to have such wonderful female friends in my life. We always make great memories together. Enjoy these photos from our weekend:


0 comments: