Sep 1, 2008

The Nike Human Race

On Sunday evening, Chad and I joined 14,000 people in Chicago to run The Nike Human Race 10K. This very same race was going on in 20 cities across the world on August 31, 2008 and it was such a fun celebration to be a part of. It was the first time that Chad ran 6+ miles since 2002, and he did awesome!


The highlight of the race was during miles 2-4 when we were entertained by a very passionate runner who was screaming self-affirmations while running, such as..."Just do it, I'm doin' it, Just do it, I'm doin' it" and "Dig deeper, I'm diggin', Dig Deeper, I'm diggin'". It was a riot!

The race ended at Soldier Field with a free Fall Out Boy concert inside the stadium. It was a great event and a great night in Chicago.

Chad was so excited to run 6 miles. LOL!

The start looked so cool, with everyone in their red shirts.
Just before the start of the race.

Fall Out Boy concert in Soldier Field.

0 comments: