Aug 26, 2008

Wonder Women

With the Democratic National Convention kicking off less than 24 hours after the Olympic closing ceremonies, I have continued my bad habit of adrenaline-filled late nights in front of the TV. While the Olympics had me bursting with American pride, the convention has me bursting with pride that I am a woman in America.

Monday night, Michelle Obama took the podium and was poised, genuine and energizing. I admire her community and family values, and I can relate to her at-the-surface emotions about those that she loves. I can't imagine Cindy McCain having even 1/2 of Michelle's passion next Monday. Plus, as a fashion addict, I can't get enough of Michelle's feminine and classic style. I hope that someone out there is blogging about who she is wearing at the convention!

On Tuesday night we had Hillary. Her speech was electrifying! I found her message to be authentic and her delivery flawless. I really appreciated the slams and humor in her speech- especially the reference to her "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pantsuits!" By the way, I still don't understand who is her stylist, the tangerine pantsuit that she was wearing was absolutely horrible! Hillary is no doubt a strong woman and an incredible leader, and I only hope that the PUMA's can put their (irrational!) emotions aside and understand that a vote for Obama is a vote for Hillary too.

I feel so proud to be a woman in America today. Proud to have historical things happening right in front of my eyes- and to have these two very different woman to watch, admire and emulate.
Photos courtesy of www.demconvention.com and cnn.com

0 comments: