Aug 1, 2008

Why Offshore Drilling is an "Off" Solution

Lately, there has been a lot of buzz about where politicians stand on the topic of offshore drilling. I realized that I didn't know where I stood on the topic, so after doing a little bit of reading I formed my opinion (surprise, I have an opinion!) and I wanted to share a brief and helpful article from Time Magazine with you.


The biggest take away from my reading was this: Offshore drilling
will not fix our gas prices or our dependence on foreign oil. There is not enough oil in the Arctic to satisfy our consumption or the worlds consumption; and it will take up to a decade to get what little is there. Even then, we would only save 3 or 4 cents a gallon.

The last paragraph of this article was the most discouraging to me. I continue to be baffled by the resistance our government has to funding and developing alternative energy sources?! With that, I still thought that it was worth while to end on a note of self-deprecating humor:

Cartoon courtesy of: commontragedies.wordpress.com

0 comments: