Jul 30, 2008

Favorite Things (Eat Your Heart Out Oprah)

Keeping with the theme of posting the topics which have been in draft mode for the past few weeks, I bring you my second blog post of today.

For some time now, I have been thinking about Oprah's "Favorite Things" list and decided that I could probably come up with my own version. There are a handful of materialistic items in my life that make me smile, and why not share those things with the people that I love? Here are my top 4 favorite things of the moment...
The iPhone: This is truly the best piece of technology that I have ever incorporated into my daily life. It is intuitive, smart and extremely useful to me, both at work and in my social life. Not a day goes by that I don't use the device as a phone, a computer, a camera or an iPod. I compare touching it to the first time that I ever touched cashmere. You can never go back. :-)
Crate & Barrel Grill Basket: This summer I have grilled and eaten more vegetables than ever because of this fun and easy kitchen tool! I love to cut up zucchini, squash and eggplant- toss them in some olive oil and grill them in this basket. It does a great job of cooking the veggies and incorporating that great "grilled" flavor. Plus, it makes for really easy clean up (thanks to Chad!)
H2O Milk Lotion: Most people who know me, know that I have loved this lotion for years. It is clean smelling, so moisturizing and lasts for quite a while. If you have never tried it before, summer is the perfect time. After a hot day in the sun, it is the best post-shower treat!
Foley + Corinna City Tote: I bought this leather bag prior to our trip to Greece back in May. I thought that it would be a great carry on bag- that could also be a nice day-trip carrier. Little did I know that my cost-per-wear ratio would become so favorable. I now carry this bag every day as my work brief. It fits my laptop computer, 2 notebooks and a small clutch- and it looks chic both folded over and open in full.

You can click on the images above to learn more or purchase any of my favorite things directly from their manufacturers- because internet shopping is my 5th favorite thing! :-)

1 comments:

DJ said...

Put me down for one of each, I have a birthday coming up, ya know?!?! :-) LOL