Apr 10, 2008

Idol Gives Back to Mariah!

I am not ashamed to admit that I am one of probably 10 Americans who does not watch American Idol. However, last night while I was flipping through the channels I caught Brad Pitt presenting on "American Idol Gives Back" and I was suddenly drawn in to the show (due to the incredible philanthropy, not Brad Pitt's sexiness, of course). Following Brad Pitt, was one of the most amazing fashion transformations that I have witnessed in some time. I was scanning the audience for Clinton and Stacy- because I couldn't believe my eyes. Mariah Carey stepped on the Idol stage looking classy and dressed appropriately for her body type!?! See the below images for my very own Mariah Carey before and after pictures:

Exhibit A: Mariah performing at the Thanksgiving halftime show in 2005. This was the moment that I officially lost all respect for her. I don't care that it was a football halftime show- there is no excuse to wear this horrid, horrible (my emphasis is on "hor" here) outfit!



Exhibit B:
Mariah performing last night in an outfit that actually fit her body! Simple black tank paired with a high waisted, dark wash, straight leg jean and tied together with a classic chain link belt- beautiful! Even the straight hair and natural makeup was spot on. Thank you American Idol, for giving Mariah Carey her style back.


1 comments:

Unknown said...

I personally find the first outfit waay more classy. Gotta love those shoes!