Mar 24, 2008

Happy Freaking Monday

Every once and a while I feel the right to rant about random things that really get my goat. Today I have a few topics stored up for a nice, healthy post-Lenten bitch session. Enjoy!

A snowstorm for Easter


Yes, we had a snowstorm for Easter. It was so bad that it prevented us from traveling to see family in Milwaukee. I really feel like this winter has been the longest and most intolerable that I can ever remember. It is either due to a) global warming making our seasons more extreme, b) having a dog for the first time and being forced to venture outside in 1 ft blowing snow drifts for a potty break, or c) turning 30 and becoming increasingly more grouchy about things like traffic and the weather, which all old people seem to complain about.

Furniture Shopping

I hate furniture shopping! I hate the massive stores which have way too many choices. I hate the inflated retail prices which make a 50% off sale price just come down to the actual market value. I hate the hefty down payment to then just go home with nothing. And most of all I hate the waiting, waiting, waiting for weeks on end for something to arrive. Take for example our lovely couch, pictured above. Back on January 29th (when the weather was about the same as it is today) we ordered our couch with excitement and anticipation of its arrival in 4-6 weeks. Now, after 2 "anticipated arrival dates" which have come and gone- we are still waiting for that damn couch to arrive and we are getting more and more bitter each day. I am so excited to host a house full of people over the next 2 weeks with no couch. (DWS)

Shock and Awe Politics



I hate this speech- especially Hillary's patronizing tone and the horrible St. Patrick's Day scarf that she is wearing (will someone please hire her a stylist!). But I do love the parody of this speech and the message that it conveys. The lesson of the day is "don't forget to fact check." Really, are we here all over again again?! Are we going to let the candidates over-dramatize things, mislead the American people, and engage in a politics of fear?! I know that I'm not.

The end of my Monday rant (for now). More pleasant posts to follow.

0 comments: