Oct 17, 2008

Tackling a New Blog Post

There are many topics that I have been wanting to write about since my last post, but I just haven't had the time to blog lately. I suppose that Facebook, Twitter and IM  are somewhat to blame. My daily communication vehicles keep getting faster and faster, so the thought of sitting down to write a few paragraphs in my blog felt like slowing down to a crawl.  I can't even imagine what it would feel like to sit down and hand write a letter! 


Ironically, one of the things that I have been doing over the last 2 weeks is participating in a number of lectures, readings, and one-on-one discussions in an attempt to learn how to slow down, focus and prioritize. It started as an exercise to help me understand how to further develop my leadership skills but it has evolved into so much more. Tuesday I took a yoga class where part of the practice focused on setting intentions and meditating on those intentions. Thursday I attended a lecture on eating for energy which also touched on "primary foods" in your life such as positive relationships and intellectual stimulation which give you energy. It has been very interesting to say the least, and has caused me to think about many things that I would like to do both in the long and the short term. Never fear, when I reach the height of my enlightenment, I will share my learnings. :-)

Also in the last few weeks, I continued to immerse myself in the saga that is this election, and I have been continuously entertained. I waged a war against the pet insurance industry, who has proven to be completely worthless in the treatment of Roscoe's condition. Finally, on a much more positive note, I traveled with Chad and my friends to New England for Kori and Mike's beautiful wedding weekend. 

Now that you got the Cliff's Notes overview, I promise to post photos from New England as soon as I have a chance to organize them online and create something that does justice to the beauty of the weekend. I also promise to unabashedly rant at some time about how the Pet Insurance company is royally screwing us in reimbursement for Roscoe's Polycythemia treatment plan. Until then, to keep my loyal readers (all 3 of you) satisfied, I have posted below two highly entertaining election-related videos that were shared with me today. They are not what you think, so watch them until the end- I promise that you will have a great laugh. Finally, don't forget to get out there and vote...or else! :-)




0 comments: